This special Viking and Swedish history tales you to the historical highlights of Sweden’s coolest and biggest places.
Explore Sweden’s Historic Castles
Visit some of Sweden’s most iconic castles with an expert guide on this full-day tour visiting three castles. Explore and hear the hidden stories they have to tell!
Visit the Royal castle of Drottningholm, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and two other castles. Both Wenngarn and Skokloster are very well preserved castles from the 1600s. The three castles were built in 1600-1700s Sweden, but some of the foundations date to medieval ages, and some of the stories do too.
These were the places where most famous Swedish nobles of their time lived, and we tell your their stories on this guided tour.
- Pick-up at your centrally located Stockholm hotel/cruise port.
- Head to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Drottningholm, where you take a tour with your knowledgeable guide in the castle and the unique park area.
- Drive and lunch in the city of Sigtuna, the oldest city in Sweden.
- Visit the castle of Wenngarn, once home to the favorite noble of Queen Christina: Magnus Gabriel De La Gardie. Hear about him and see the best-preserved baroque church in Northern Europe and the newly restored garden.
- Visit Skokloster and see the former monastery church, its treasures of paintings, books, and silver.
- Drive back to Stockholm.