Sweden History Tours - Stockholm's own time machine
# Sweden History Tours have been around for 5 years doing high value quality tours. The company’s guides have served over 3000 guests.
# The company was founded February 2015 as Time Travel Tours, starting with local tours and history walks in Swedish. We launched the first English transported tours in March 2016, and rebranded to Sweden History Tours in 2018.
# This is a two man company, apart from our-selfs we have several experienced guides we have been working with for several seasons. They have all started out following several times beside another, on that tour more experienced, guide to learn. Than a guide test.
# All the company’s guides are authorized on the areas they are guiding to ensure you get a prime experience. Our carefully selected guides and hired guides are all full of knowledge who are backing up the tours. We have in our guide pool
Authorized Stockholm Guides
Authorized Runic Kingdom Guides (Viking Age)
Authorized Sigtuna city guides
Authorized Uppsala city guides
Authorized Uppsala botanical garden guides
Authorized Uppsala Cathedral guides.
Apart from authorizations some also have university courses on the subjects of the tours behind their backs.
# Our historic guided tours are like traveling through time. We want you to not just follow on a tour but experience a different historical eras.
With Sweden History Tours, you not only experience the history of the sites but also the era and its people.
Travel back in time with Stockholm’s own time travel machine.
Short QaA about Our Tours
# We are offering different, entertaining and fact-based historical, cultural, royal and archaeological transported day tours and city walks.
# The tour company have been around since 2015, for 5 years, and served over 3000 guests during that time. We have served both locals, schools, groups from the municipality as well as tourists and Travel Agents.
# All transported tours have central Stockholm hotel pick-ups within 4 kilometers from Stockholm central station.
# Our transported tours travel safely in vehicles like cars, minibuses or buses depending on group size. The tour vehicles includes First Aid Kits if a unlikely accident would happen.
# The transported tour times ranges either 3h, 5h or 8h from pick up until first drop off. The city walks are between 90min – 3h (and can be done longer if wished upon).
# Our tours have high value and are well liked witch can be seen by the feedback on the bottom of this page and on TripAdvisor and Google reviews, our Facebook page have over 2100 likes and followers.
# Our tour are offered both as private tours and small group tours (max 16 persons) as well as “just for you” custom-made tours. All tours have a personal touch depending on the guide.
# Our focus, and goal, is to get you out of Stockholm or Uppsala city to see the countryside and the real Sweden. We visit the places where things actually happened. The grave fields, Viking assembly sites, runestones, burial mounds, medieval churches, ruins, bridges and the beautiful nature of the countryside.
# Want a city walk instead of going out from the city? We also offer different city walks in Stockholm city and Uppsala city apart from out-of-the-city-experience.
Company media coverage
Read about a Viking Age tour visit from Slow Travel Stockholm (2016), a visit on our Viking 3h tour + Iron Age tour.
Guide Memberships, Authorizations and Ratings
Nationally Qualified Tourist Guides. From Sweguide – The Swedish Guide Association and VISITA! – The Swedish hospitality sector.
Our current TripAdvisor rating, #29 of 189 actors in Stockholm city (guest reviews are further down this page).
Follow us on Facebook like over 2150 persons already do!
Click on the picture above (open on a new page) to revive a Facebook feed with historical news as well as posts about vikings, history and Sweden in general.
Spotlight on Our Guide: Jonathan Olsson
- Five years of guiding tours about the Vikings and Swedish history. Jonathan is the company’s Swedish church history expert.
He loves metal music, animals, plays Discgolf and are a rune-stone and rune nerd. Can on his spare times often be found between the pages of different Fantasy books.
- Guide Courses:
Authorized Runic Kingdom guide (Viking Age guide course).
Authorized Uppsala city-guide.
Authorized Uppsala Cathedral Guide.
Authorized Uppsala Botanical garden guide. University courses:
Viking Age in Northern Europe and Along the Eastern Roads.
Prehistory and the near environment as a method of learning.
Celtic History and Culture.
Spotlight on Our Guide: Angus Carlsson
- Five years of guiding tours about the Vikings and other parts of Swedish History!Likes history, books and travels.
- Guide courses:
Authorized Stockholm Guide
Authorized Runic Kingdom guide (Viking Age guide course)University courses:
Old Norse religion.
Our other guides
- We have over the years collected a number of amazing guides to help us with our tours. They help out on tour to tour basis when we need extra people. All guides here are authorized, many on Stockholm city, and some have worked with tourism for over 20 years. A big bunch of collective experience to lend back to, ensuring the tours are in trusted hands. All our guides speak Swedish and English and some also speak additional languishes.
- The guides you may meet on one of our tours are Angus, Jonathan, Nadia (French), Calle (Germen), Helene, Gabriel (Persian), Åsa, Tobias, Owe, Hans, Sven (Germen), Sonia (Russian), Mario (Spanish) and Quentin (Frensh). During the summer you may meet additional guides as well but rarely, this list includes our most trusted and highly experienced staff.
See Why Our Clients Love Our Different Tours!
GUIDE FOR US
Are you dedicated to history and culture? Do you like to entertain and educate others? Then you shall apply to become a guide for us. We are always looking for interested people. Please send us an email to [email protected] with your resume/CV if you have the following qualifications. You may send an application even if you do not have all the qualifications. Motivation is equally important.
* A big interest in history.
* A big interest in Swedish society and culture
* Some studies about the Vikings (if you want to do Viking tours). We can also give you study material that we give you a test on. So you get a chance even if you do not have any previous education on the subject. Four years of guiding tours about the Vikings and other parts of Swedish History!
* Secondary education. Social science or social-science related program.
* Standard EU-driving license. (B-körkort)